Apr 4, 2014

Going deeper in Holistic Hotel Management: Example 2

If you remember, a few posts ago we proposed a kind of study case based on The Da Vinci Code, where we deal with specialized tourism related to architects. Some of you make an effort and send me your solutions. I appreciate your intellectual work Touristologists! Maybe someday we have the opportunity to meet face to face and talk about the future of Touristology! Meanwhile… what about a second example from the best minds working in the best sector ever!
Remember, we are managing a hotel created from an old Abbey. This hotel is situated in an isolated place. 
 So, if we want to bring tourists we have to transform the facility into a magnet. To achieve this, there’s nothing better than specialized tourism.
I like to play video games - said a young Touristologists- but above all else I like to create my own games. As a matter of fact, right now I’m working in a simulator about tourist destination management… We can use this idea and create an international virtual community for people who like to play games, people that want to be a developer and professionals already earning a living with this activity. We can also attract people /organization willing to do marketing research or hiring the members of this community. Sooner or later the members of this community will desire to meet each other. What better place than the facility owned by the creators of the community?!?
What? I don’t want to do all that! -Said a student that was a former Hotel Manager, nowadays loking for new opportunities - I just want to serve my customers at my hotel!
International community? I think it is better to focus on local tourism or, at most, to countries of origin that we already know - said the former expert of our tourism sector!
Well - reply the wise voice of Touristology- I don’t know about you BUT We are Touristologists!!! No excuses, no stagnation, no limitations over our actions for lack of experience, knowledge or contacts… If we don’t know, we learn.  If we don’t have, we will! We are Touristologists, We will do whatever it takes to bring tourists here!.
After a few seconds of silence, the ideas continued flowing…
Sounds like the matrix of segmentation, that we saw here, could be the right tool - Added another Touristologist. 
We also can use segments accountancy- Said another.
Yes - replied another Touristologist - but remember that, in this case, we need to add the cost of a classroom with powerful computers and then compare the margin with the one we assessed the other day, the one dealing with architects, remember?
It sounds like a good idea to me! BUT we have to think twice about the classroom of powerful computers- I replied based on my own experience- 10 years ago , when I wanted to teach my Touristologists how to code /program I had to ask for special permissions and deal with system administrators (always an easy task!!!) but nowadays thanks to:
1) Virtual machines
2) Cloud computing. Have you ever try codenvy.com? or Firefox simulator and Firefox OS
3) and BYOD trend this is absolutely unnecessary.
So, the idea is to give a dual formation related both with the business model and the technological scheme? Do you really think that people willing to learn how to code want to learn about business model and strategy??? I AM ABSOLUTELY SURE ABOUT THAT!
I, strongly, believe in Consilience. In the same way, that an expert in Business Model must know about coding, the best programmers have to learn about how to apply their skills to a specific sector. What better sector than the best sector ever?!?!?!
Do you agree with this statement? If so,… I will be here waiting for you! Ready for mixing sciences.  Looking to making it possible that the XXI century will be Consilience’s Kingdom!
Meanwhile… can you apply matrix segmentation and segments accountancy to propose a solution to this study case?
By the way, in the solution My Touristologists gave in appears… github. Can you find the meaning of that? Can you integrate it in a chain of value?
Can we count on you? You, definitely, can count on me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment