Nov 23, 2010

THANKS FOR BEING TOURISTOLOGIST!!!!!

Today I want to give an homage (In this occasion a serious one!!!)
to all my students that have turned into TOURISTOLOGIST
They make me feel that the effort of twenty years of profession hadn’t been worthless at all. More and more experts in tourism are earning a living in the tourism sector, getting respect from other professionals, proving that in order to work in tourism you have to provide attitude, specialized knowledge, contacts, and abilities. It is clear that they are the best in their field.
I think that in average I have two or three students able to make a difference in the sector, in every class. I have two or three students with a mind of their own. You can do the math: twenty years of profession multiplied by two students every year I get a wonderful class of 40 exceptional Touristologist!!!!
When I have lazy, demoralize, eternal moaners, only-creative-making-excuses, pretentious, Mr. Know-it-all students, when I am surrounded by people with a lack of vision, followers, believers that Touristology is not a science… The only thing that I have to do is to think in those forty mental warriors and… doubts, fears and uncertainty disappears. Strength, hope and entrepreneurial power run through my veins!!!
Every time that I get a new group I don’t know which will become part of these elite. So, I do my best, I treat all of them equally. You cannot put me down, because every time I walk in my class I only see the future of the tourism sector.
So, I’ll do my job, the rest IT’S UP TO YOU!!!!!
THANKS FOR BEING TOURISTOLOGIST!!!!!
PS: This post is not translated to Catalan or Spanish because if you are one of them it won’t be necessary.

12 comments:

  1. I't great!!! It's so nice to read all of this and I have to say that it's fantastic have you as a teacher, no mater if I'm one of those 40 exceptional Touristologist...I will always be able to say that I was one of the ones that had the oportunity of having you as a teacher and learn from you...many, many thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of them Maria! You can be absolutely sure about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for teach us with this special passion for tourism! Probably, you are the main responsible who now, I'm a touristologist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot be more proud! I’m absolutely sure, you will change Maresme’s tourism. This in the next four years, then the sky is the limit!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the seeds of knowledge you sewed, they are now turning into flowers which will develop into the sweeties fruits in the future!
    We are trying our best to not let you down!

    Salut, i turistologia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speechless for the first time in my entire life!!! This will be a loop but...Thanks for being Touristologists!!!

      Delete
  5. Just few days ago, for the preparation of my master's final project, I looked for the notes of your lessons about strategic management!! After EUM I kept studying tourism in an other university but I have to say that I still do not have found a professor as up to date and passionate as you. Proud and thankful for having been one of your students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck in your project Touristologist! It will be my pleasure to see your achievements in tourism and life!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for waking up the little touristologist inside of us, you'll be part of the changes we'll do sooner or later in the world.

    Keep in touch touristologist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Touristologist! Clearly, this will be Touristology’s century!

      Delete
  7. With your determination, effort and enthusiasm you became a great referent to young Turistologists!

    Thanks for the useful tools you taught to us/shared with us and the most important... thanks for the way you did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have touched my heart, Violeta! Always a pleasure see the future of our beloved sector growing, dreaming, winning!!!

      Delete