Feb 17, 2015

The last post?

Maybe this is the last post, at least for a while!!! But remember my nickname is Skynet so… I will be back!!!
This blog has never been about me, when I began this blog five years ago, I felt that Touristology needed a voice! Touristology, thanks to all the mentors that I have, speak through me. Nowadays, Touristology has more and more voices. The number of Scientists claiming to be a Touristologist is growing and the voices saying that Touristology is not a science are inaudible…
For the above reason, Touristology now needs more tools than voices… I will try to help with this!
From now on, I want to spend most of my time developing the ideas that I will explain in this post. The topic is the new, new intermediaries for specialized tourism. You can also call them, the dreamers and creators of “My own 1,2,3” in Touristology’s terms.  In this post, I want to describe the business model, then I want to focus on developing the technological scheme always, two hands, remember.
In my classes, seminars, in-company training or start-up meetings in order to define (or redefine!) their (OUR???) business model it is difficult to get deeper in server-side technologies, client-side ones, responsive web design or how to be ready for a multi-screen world and I want, definitely, to go deeper. Do you also have this feeling, Touristologists? If this is so, let me know… maybe we can go deeper together!
As you know, I have a bias for specialized tourism. I think that is a better base for developing a tourism destination or tourism enterprise. I like to represent this with this figure:
Furthermore, I think specialized tourism brings more opportunities for my Touristologists! One way to visualize these opportunities of specialized tourism is using the long tail theory. Let’s see a figure:
One of the basic goals, in this scenario, is to generate the magnet power that a congress (like the World Mobile Congress) has over one of the main segments in tourism (Business), over any niche segment inside “the long tail” concept.
In the “head” you have to use the most popular Social Networking Site (SnS) Central Reservation System (CRS) or On-line Travel Agency (OTA) and Search Engine… BUT…
In the tail you have the opportunity and…  The Touristology  duty to create your own chain of value and manage all the 3 C’s in a customized, syndicated and pro-amized way.
One way to achieve that is creating your own SnS, which based on the loyalty of the group of users can also become the Search Engine, the OTA, the CRS , the you-name-it of reference, for this specific niche.
It has always been my honor and privilege to explain some of the projects My Touristologists are developing. Do you want to see a couple of examples? Today, I will talk about Prometteo and Glaykos.
The first is Prometteo, the brainchild of Sara, one of the most brilliant Touristologists that I have ever had in my classes. She is developing a community for deaf people that want to travel without any barriers. Here you can get a glance about her vision:
The second one is Glaykoss, the brainchild of Jaume and Nuria two brand new Touristologists lighting up the Touristology sky!
I am sure that in the near future hundreds of projects like this will appear! We are Touristologists! We are changing the way we enjoy, manage and define Tourism! We are the best minds working in the best sector ever!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment